Oh my goodness, we are three days away from a new year! I'm super excited for this opportunity to reset and refocus on the important things in life. Some say, and I actually believe, that time is not linear. We can restart, recalibrate, refocus, do whatever we want whenever we want, but there is just something so humanly satisfying about a new year, and our belief that it is a fresh start. In that regard, I'd prefer to remain simple and continue to follow the calendric calibrations of our existence. LOL I'm definitely not one for resolutions, so here are 17 things I would LOVE to do in 2017. It is my hope that I accomplish them all, and that you accomplish all your dreams, hope, needs, wants, loves etc.
Dress - Similar HERE. Jacket - City Chic USA. Boots - Fashion to Figure
1. Speak "at least" conversational French and Spanish. Seriously though, multilingualism is a major key. "They" don't want you to know that LOL. I took Spanish classes in college and French in High School, but I haven't been practicing. Vamonos!
2. Call family and friends at least once a week (I live across the country from them). We all get so busy with our lives, and I just need to do better. Do you all remember the series finale of Fresh Prince - Unc Phil: "Sunday." Will: "Sunday." *tear* - if you have not seen the last scene of Fresh Prince, do yourself a favor - get some tissues and WATCH IT NOW
3. Clear out my closet. This is sooooo important. I recently moved apartments and tried to get rid of a lot of clothes by donating, but there are still so many! I think my closet is alive and growing. So this means a closet sale is coming your way soon! Who's excited?
4. Go to Nigeria - It has been 10 years since I moved abroad. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( - Enough said, it is time.
5. Take up a singing class or theater for fun. Fact: Not only am I a generally dramatic human being, my theater professor in college said I had great potential. (or was he just being dramatic?) I really do enjoy singing and theater, so this should be fun!
6. Designate and dedicate part time hours to my blog. Up until this point, I have only been blogging when I had the time. 2017 will be different. I believe that consistency will be the key to my blog's success!
7. Wake up, and go to bed earlier. I seriously need to get it together. On the rare days that I wake up early, I just feel a whole lot more productive. I recently tried out the new iPhone bedtime function, and it told me to go to be at 10:00pm. ahhahahahahha Bye Siri.
8. Cook more. Fortunately and unfortunately, I now live approximately 5 minutes and 27 seconds from my local Whole Foods. That hot bar is about to make me start scraping pennies :(
9. Explore my surroundings. I live less than 3 hours from the most gorgeous beaches and mountains, and I wanna see them all up close. Don't let this bodycon fool you, I can be outdoorsy when I wanna be ;)
10. Restart my youtube channel. Many of you probably don't know I have one. I don't know what happened LOL, I just stopped a couple of years ago. I've recently been feeling inspired, so stay tuned for new content and subscribe - https://www.youtube.com/user/FashionOnACurve
11. Finish decorating my apartment. Seriously, it's been two months.
12. Get my butt back in the gym. I had such an active lifestyle in 2015, what happened???
13. Eat Organic as much a possible, and buy fresh produce from my local farmers market (because Whole Foods everyday is not economically feasible for most of us) - Another major key "they" don't want you to know about. smh - Fast food is slowly killing us.
14. Continue to practice self love.
15. Go to church more often. I'm not a super religious person, but I do love hymns, and worship songs at church. It is my favorite part of church, and I miss it.
16. Collaborate with global artists, bloggers, musicians, photographer, videographers, makeup artists, hairstylists etc. to create ridiculously beautiful content. In essence, people who specialize in their craft.
17. Slay, and slay again. By the grace of God!